Tips to reduce fat and cholesterol in
What are some tips to reduce fat and cholesterol in
* Steam, boil, bake, or microwave vegetables rather than frying.
* Season vegetables with herbs and spices instead of fatty sauces, butter or margarine.
* Try flavored vinegars or lemon juice on salads or use smaller servings of oil-based or low-fat salad dressings.
* Try whole-grain flours to enhance flavors of baked goods made with less fat and fewer or no cholesterol-containing ingredients.
* Replace whole milk with low-fat or skim milk in puddings, soups and baked products.
* Substitute plain low-fat yogurt or blender-whipped low-fat cottage cheese for sour cream or mayonnaise.
* Choose lean cuts of meat, and trim fat from meat and poultry before and after cooking. Remove skin from poultry before or after cooking.
* Roast, bake, broil, or simmer meat, poultry and fish rather than frying.
* Cook meat or poultry on a rack so the fat will drain off. Use a non-stick pan for cooking so added fat is unnecessary.
* Chill meat and poultry broth until the fat becomes solid. Remove the fat before using the broth.
* Limit egg yolks to one per serving when making scrambled eggs. Use additional egg whites for larger servings.
* Try substituting egg whites in recipes calling for whole eggs. Use two egg whites in place of one whole egg in muffins, cookies and puddings..
FDA Consumer, September 1995 update: Help in Preventing Heart Disease.
article has informational purpose and isn't a substitute for professional
to Weight Loss
Use the tool
below to search in this site:
© 1999-2017 Helio A. F.
Copacabana Runners - Atletismo e Maratonas